Lab Operations SpecialistApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months
Job Summary: This individual will be responsible for managing daily operations within the Pharmaceutical Development laboratory space, which comprises Analytical Development, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Formulation Development and Process Development functions.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and determine proper method of repair
- Maintain and/or the coordinate maintenance of equipment, including analytical equipment (e.g. LC, NMR, Mass Spec) and process equipment with Facilities and external vendors.
- Act as point of contact with EHS, Facilities and IT on new installs and software upgrades
- Advance IT/R&D Applications support requests and Maximo work orders through to completion, including attendance of weekly meeting
- Assist with lab equipment and software purchases within Pharmaceutical Development structure and provide oversight for installation.
- Data recording, interpretation, and management
- Managing/mentoring of junior staff
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry (Dissolution, HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV/Vis, KF, LC/MS etc.)
Computer applications and proficiency
- cGMPs, ICH Guidelines and Compendia Requirements
- Experience and knowledge of project planning and management
- B.S. with 10+ years’ experience, M.S. with 5+ years’ experience in a science-related discipline