Research AssociateApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year with possible extension
Job Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated and interactive bench scientist to join our team focused on oncology target validation and drug discovery. The ideal candidate will have ability to work across matrix environment and will play a key role in the advancement of the next wave of targets into preclinical drug development.
- Design, execute and perform data analysis for cell-based experiments, including cultured cell lines and primary human immune cells, to interrogate novel target biology & assess candidate drug molecules.
- Perform experiments to drive mechanistic understanding of novel targets or mechanism of action of drug candidates by deploying gene perturbation techniques (siRNA/ shRNA, CRISPR-mediated genome editing), or pharmacological tools
- Develop, design, QC, Validate and execute plate-based cellular assays in medium – to high-throughput (96/384 well) assay formats. The assays include viability assays, proliferation assays (2D, chlonogenic), flow cytometric assays and assays that are currently in development on an as needed basis.
- Perform molecular techniques including DNA/ RNA isolation, cloning, PCR, qRT-PCR, gene expression analysis. Generate and maintain stable cell lines.
- Independently perform functional assays as needed to assess biological activity of small molecules and/or large molecules such as antibodies.
- Strong scientific and hands-on experience using a wide range of cellular and molecular biology techniques, including tissue culture, cell line generation and maintenance, use of gene perturbation techniques (siRNA/ shRNA, CRISPR-mediated genome editing). Experience with genetic modulation in primary cells and immune cells is highly desirable.
- Experience in forward and reverse genetic screening followed by target validation studies to elucidate mechanism is desirable.
- Strong experience with molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid extraction and purification, DNA cloning, PCR, gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, and qPCR
- Cell based assay development and execution using a variety of techniques such as FRET, BRET, MSD, HTRF, ALPHALisa, Luminex, Flow cytometry-based readouts and high content imaging
- Proficiency in immune cell techniques such as isolation and enrichment of immune cells, immunophenotyping, MLR is highly desirable.
- A B.S. with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience or an M.S. with 5 years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting