Research Associate, Protein BiochemistryApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Job Length: 6+ Months
Job Summary: Individual will actively contribute to the development of novel biological molecules for multiple disease indications.
- Primary responsibilities for protein expression, purification, and characterization.
- Development and execution of quantitative PK/PD/ADA assays to support preclinical in vivo studies.
- Development and execution of analytical and biochemical assays to characterize biological molecules.
- Participate in advancing the company pipeline and capabilities in biologics.
- Maintain Cell culture and reagents inventory.
- Experience with Mammalian cell culture-Expi-HEK293 & Expi-CHO
- Experience with Biologic / Protein expression and purification
- Experience with AKTA FPLC purification systems required
- Experience in standard ELISA/MSD required
- Protein characterization: biophysical techniques to include SDS-PAGE, size exclusion chromatography (SEC), Agilent HPLC, and Biacore/Octet; Mass spectrometry
- Additional experience in standard molecular and cell biology techniques (western, mammalian cell culture); experience in protein design and engineering
- Experimental design, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot experimental problems, seeking advice or consulting literature if necessary.
- BS/MS with 3+ year experience, preferably in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting, degree in a relevant scientific discipline (biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry, and biology)