UX DesignerApply Now
Location: Halifax B3J 3N4
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ Months (will convert to permanent)
- Partnering with a top security access firm, you'll be responsible for collaborating with the UX team on a new SaaS product ensuring a consistent, effective and competitive user experience.
- Must be a strong collaborator as the team is geographically spread across the globe
- Team is very flexible when it comes to working remotely, would be expected to be onsite 1-2 days/week after August.
What You'll be Doing
- Work with clients directly to understand their business environment, processes and ‘jobs to be done’ and obtain their feedback and direction on product interfaces.
- Evaluate product interfaces with competitive and best-in-class interfaces to drive continuous improvement in the product’s UI.
- Identify customer pain points in the user experience to isolate gaps and create delighter enhancements.
- Interpret usability principles and guidelines and use them to identify likely problems in UI.
- Drive the creation of mockups, clickable prototypes, etc. before and during the development cycle for new features and capabilities.
- Design elegant solutions and simple to complex workflows leveraging customer iterative validation via support from the UX Research team.
- Act as the user advocate during the development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, and customers to ensure UI meets product requirements and experience expectations.
- Follow the company’s design system and best practices.
- Be familiar with interface patterns, interaction behaviours and design tends along with best practices in these areas in order to contribute to and improve the company design system.
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of UX design experience for web applications, mobile platforms and other standard technologies. Experience with enterprise software/products is a PLUS
- Experience using prototyping, wireframe and visual design applications.
- Experience engaging internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and attention to detail.
- Eagerness to quickly learn new technologies and approaches.
- Self-reliance and able to communicate and contribute in a geographically dispersed team setting.
- Open to sharing experiences and ‘new found’ knowledge with the UX team along with providing support and productive feedback to the wider UX team members.
- Preferred: mobile design experience. (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, other mobile platforms)
Zack uses traditional and digital resources to keep our talent pool brimming with highly skilled and qualified technology innovators searching for opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.