Unix Cloud Infrastructure EngineerApply Now
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040
Employment Type: Contract
Job Summary: This person will work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to the reliable operation of the company’s markets services and his/her contributions will ensure that the organization accelerates its adoption of cloud technologies by identifying potential migration opportunities. They will be responsible for the defense of the company’s IT systems by maintaining secure configurations, evaluating vulnerabilities, and ensuring the environment is up- to-date.
- Deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux server systems utilizing Ansible, Python, BASH, etc.
- Configure and Troubleshoot Kubernetes deployments in VMware TKS and AWS EKS environments
- Manage enterprise AWS deployment inside Control Tower environment
- Monitor server performance and take appropriate actions (e.g. tune)
- Perform operating system upgrades and assuring the quality of fixes and enhancements
- Assist IT departments in analyzing and resolving operating system and application problems
- Troubleshoot operational issues and assist with root-cause analyses
- Engage with policy and procedure, change management, and service desk processes during daily activities
- Deep understanding of Unix operating system including system boot process, kernel configuration, account management, file system permissions, and network configurations
- Configuration and management experience with Kubernetes deployments and container operations
- Must have experience with AWS services, such as IAM, EC2, VPC, SSO, SSM etc.
- Must have experience with automation solutions such as Ansible Core, Ansible Tower, and Terraform
- Must have experience with utilizing Git source code control
- Must have experience with DevOps methodologies, including utilizing GitOps to manage infrastructure
- Minimum of 10 years related experience OR the equivalent combination of experience and education
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Information Systems, a similar engineering field or equivalent experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate preferred
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) preferred
- “W2 Candidates ONLY – No C2C Arrangements”
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.