Unix AdministratorApply Now
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 12 months with possible extension
Job Summary: The UNIX Administrator will be responsible for all aspects of system administration, architectural design and ongoing maintenance for a large Red Hat Linux and VMware vSphere installation base. Individuals should be comfortable working in a team environment and excel in collaborative problem solving.
- Monitor server performance and take appropriate actions (e.g. tune)
- Perform operating system upgrades and assuring the quality of fixes and enhancements
- Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure effective and efficient changes to the IT infrastructure
- Assist with root-cause analyses
- Assist with efforts to prepare for and participate in IT audits
- Assist with development of Request for Proposals and evaluation of responses
- Assist with development of standards and procedures for specifying and maintaining servers, storage, and special purpose work stations
- Code development with Ansible, Python, BASH, etc.
- Experience should include a minimum of 10 years’ related experience OR the equivalent combination of experience and education
- A Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Information Systems, a similar engineering field or equivalent experience is required
- Must have experience with automations solutions including Ansible Core and Ansible Tower.
- Must have excellent time management and communication skills
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.