Underwriting ManagerApply Now
Employment Type: Direct Hire
High visibility leadership role within a overseeing a highly tenured and thriving group of mortgage underwriters. Work within a growing and stable organization in this key position. Potential for AVP level depending on experience.
- Manage the Mortgage Underwriting team (size of team-7)
- Responsible for development, implementation, and compliance monitoring of all policies, procedures and guidelines related to underwriting.
- Manages the underwriting pipeline as well as the underwriters to ensure loan underwriting is timely and to the highest level of quality and compliance.
- Recruit, interview, hire, motivate, coach and train employees
- Identify deficiencies and work to find resolutions including long term changes to improve efficiencies.
- Provide guidance in an effort to improve quality and execution from the processors.
- Works together with the SVP of Mortgage Operations to identify necessary changes within underwriting to improve quality, procedures, market acceptance, etc.
- 7-10+ years of demonstrated mortgage lending operational experience, preferably in mortgage underwriting.
- 7-10 years underwriting experience with sign-off authority.
- Proven experience leading or managing a team
- Ability to interact well with all levels of the organization are critical to this position. In addition must have the following skills:
Shannon heads the Direct-Hire recruiting team at JVT Advisors, managing the team’s day-to-day activities while also contributing to recruiting and account management.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.