Technical WriterApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 12 Months
Job Summary: skilled wordsmiths that typically develop product manuals, how-to guides, website help sections, journal articles, and other content that distills technical information with ease and clarity.
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
• Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
• Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
• Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
• Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
• Create and maintain all documentation associated with the project
• Ensure business inclusion throughout the management of the project schedule, project decision making, training, etc
• Working with internal teams on documenting business requirements
• Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, standard procedures, user guides
• Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
• Proven experience working effectively in a matrix organization and ability to collaborate effectively across geographies
• Proven working experience in technical writing of documentation that supports (SDLC)
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical and business concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
• Excellent written skills in English
• A knowledge of Panaya Software
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
• Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
• Integrate process, people, quality and commitment-centric approach to getting work done.
• Drive for high quality and ability to collaborate with other stakeholders to achieve high goals
• Ability to work with different cross-functional stakeholders to establish and ensure a reliable and productive working relationship
• Competent presenter. Able to lead meetings and confidently present information to peers and leaders
• Demonstrate empathy and active listening; provide opportunities for open discussion with employees and customers
• University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.