Technical WriterApply Now
Location: North Andover, Massachusetts 01845
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year with possibility of becoming a full-time, permanent employee
Job Summary: This individual will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner, and working with team members to ensure accuracy of content.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit procedures, manuals, and quick set-up guides
- Have and eye for concise language and more visual presentation
- Write, edit, and layout digital documentation in addition to printed manuals
- View projects with strategic eye toward repurposing content across similar projects
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Look to continuous improvement, streamlining, and documentation of processes
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering field or related industry highly desired
- Candidate needs to demonstrate outstanding writing skills
- Experience with a manufacturing company, research and development, as well as a broad technical background is preferred
- Ability to layout documents using Adobe InDesign
- Candidate needs to be able to communicate efficiently with technical team members; interface with several product managers and engineering staff across the business at any given time
- Experience with documentation automation software is helpful
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Trevor recruits for JVT's Life Sciences and Technology Practices where he specializes in finding, screening, and placing top-tier industry innovators at companies across multiple markets and verticals.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.