Technical Writer (Hopkinton)Apply Now
Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months with likelihood of becoming a full-time permanent employee
Job Summary: Responsible for planning and developing a wide range of information products for software, including guides, tutorials, Web-based help systems and specifications. Creates clear, concise, user-oriented documentation. Researches, writes, proofreads, edits and may translate end-user manuals and online help. Creates screen shots and illustrations using graphic tools. Assists in the design of documentation templates and the development of group’s tools.
- Support the writing of major and complex portions of manuals based on established skill in this form of communication and on a thorough understanding of the technical material that must be communicated.
- Coordinate the layout, illustrations and reproductions as appropriate.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities through product teams to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Use Adobe FrameMaker, RoboHelp, and Microsoft Office to prepare material for publication.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with minimum of 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of graphic manipulation and creation in a variety of forms.
- Proficiency with Adobe FrameMaker.
- Familiarity with RoboHelp.
Trevor recruits for JVT's Life Sciences and Technology Practices where he specializes in finding, screening, and placing top-tier industry innovators at companies across multiple markets and verticals.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.