Technical Editor/Designer - 508 ComplianceApply Now
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 Months to Perm (ideally contract-hire)
You will be supporting internal communication workflows and the production of federal reports, forms and other published documents and ensures that they follow 508 standards and guidelines for federal documents.
You will oversees layout, production and 508 remediation of publications, in support of a federal agency in DC.
You will build and maintain SharePoint sites and content workflows in support of all agency divisions.
What You’ll be Doing – Specifics
- Overseeing the overall effort to design, layout and performing complete audits and validation testing on reports, forms and published documents, based upon Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite CS6 including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator to design and layout reports, newsletters and other published materials.
- Using advanced InDesign’s tools to layout documents and export as Sec. 508 compliant PDFs as required. Using accessibility techniques to prepare InDesign files for web publishing.
- Designing mockups and camera-ready artwork with custom graphics, text and photography.
- Using Adobe Livecycle Designer to develop static and dynamic forms in accordance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidelines and remediate them for 508 compliance purposes.
- Exporting data to EXCEL for data analysis purposes from completed forms into various formats
- Collaborating with the Division of Procedures and Policy to issue congressional reports and surveys:
- Overseeing layout, production and 508 remediation
- Imported into InDesign and using advanced InDesign features to export into a 508 compliant publication and post on the agency website.
- Designing and maintaining internal-facing SharePoint sites in support of all divisions:
- Building and maintaining document libraries and lists
- Troubleshooting SharePoint issues
- Working with division directors, project officers and other staff to build calendars and forms
- Integrating SharePoint libraries with other platforms as needed
- Creating Webparts and workflows
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ Years’ related experience, including SharePoint knowledge and 508 Compliance
- Experience using desktop publishing software and Adobe Creative suite
- Experience using MS SharePoint and building workflows, sites, and repositories
- Expertise in MS Office applications, including MS Word and MS Excel
- Must hold Public Trust Clearance, or be able to get one
Zack uses traditional and digital resources to keep our talent pool brimming with highly skilled and qualified technology innovators searching for opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.