Tableau Admin/DeveloperApply Now
Location: New York, New York 10003
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months with possible extension; Remote to start, but onsite post Covid in either NYC, Bedford, MA, Rockville, MD or Naperville, IL.
Job Summary: As a Tableau Admin/Developer, you will be responsible for administration of the Tableau server and desktop as well as developing reports.
- Technical oversight of Tableau Server infrastructure from user setup to performance tuning in a high availability environment.
- Configuration, patching, and upgrading of the Tableau tool across the environments based on release schedules.
- Work with business stakeholders and / or functional business analysts and / or Project Manager / solutions specialist to design and develop efficient and standards-based BI solutions.
- Build Tableau Server visualizations by connecting to various data sources.
- Work in collaboration with the security team to develop security configuration settings including user/group setup, permissions, security roles, configuration of trusted ticket authentication.
- Design and develop advanced reporting dashboards in Tableau.
- Redesign current dashboards for better user experience and performance.
- Implement and maintain custom administrative views.
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field, or HS Diploma and 8 years of related experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing, developing, configuring, tuning, and deploying solutions using Tableau.
- Knowledge on Tableau desktop, Tableau viewers and Tableau server.
- Experience in operations and maintenance of Tableau Server application, including but not limited to setup of user/group setup, permissions, configuration of trusted ticket authentication, projects, workbooks, views, and data sources; permissions, security, and metadata management.
- Experience in creating Visual dashboards and/or reports is a plus
- SQL skills, including query tuning and data modeling and design
Focusing in the technology practice area at JVT Advisors, Brian enjoys partnering with candidates to help land them their dream job.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.