Systems Admin/ EngineerApply Now
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months with potential to go perm
Job Summary: Reporting to the Manager of Enterprise Technology, the Senior Network System Engineer is responsible for providing Windows Server, VMware, and SAN support. The ideal applicant will have Windows clustering and scripting experience, including automation and problem-solving. expertise. Additional experience should include prior experience with data center upgrades, including P2V, Active Directory domain migration, and back-up and restoration.
- Manage server and storage infrastructure, including physical and VMware virtual servers.
- Perform complex audits and upgrades to existing server and storage infrastructure, including VMware P2V, server clustering, back-ups, and restoration.
- Proven experience in setup & maintenance of LAN/WAN systems, Internet/ Intranet/ Extranet systems, networking protocols.
- Follow change management and patch management policies ensuring successful upgrades of servers, including proper testing techniques.
- Assist with the creation and regular testing of thorough Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Associates’ degree in Information Technology or related field, or 8+ years’ experience with Windows Server, VMware, SAN technologies.
- Active Microsoft MCSA and/or VMware VCP certifications preferred.
- Ability to configure, document, and manage Windows Server 2003-2016, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, file storage, terminal servers, and print servers.
- Extensive experience with server virtualization technologies like VMware P2V.
- Hands-on experience scripting complex automation activities using PowerShell and other technologies.
- Strong knowledge of VMware ESXi 5.X and 6.X.
- In depth, applied knowledge of monitoring vCenter operations, VM tuning, and capacity planning.
- Data backup / Encryption / Cyber Attack Prevention Responsibilities.
- Experience in banking industry is highly preferred.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.