System AdministratorApply Now
Location: Bridgewater, Massachusetts 02324
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Senior Systems Administrator
- Manage server and storage infrastructure, including physical and VMware virtual servers.
- Perform complex audits and upgrades to existing server and storage infrastructure, including VMware, server clustering, back-ups, and restoration.
- Proven experience in setup & maintenance of LAN/WAN systems, Internet/ Intranet/ Extranet systems, networking protocols.
- Follow change management and patch management policies ensuring successful upgrades of servers, including proper testing techniques.
- Perform performance tuning, capacity planning, and configuration of server infrastructure..
- Automate regular patching of all server infrastructure.
- Assess current server infrastructure and configurations and design and architect a better server and storage infrastructure solution following best-practices.
- Associates’ degree in Information Technology or related field, or 8+ years’ experience with Windows Server, VMware
- Ability to configure, document, and manage Windows Server 2008-2016, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, file storage, terminal servers, and print servers.
- Extensive experience with server virtualization technologies like VMware P2V
- Hands-on experience scripting complex automation activities using PowerShell and other technologies.
- Strong knowledge of VMware ESXi 5.X and 6.X.
- In depth, applied knowledge of monitoring vCenter operations, VM tuning, and capacity planning.
Chris is responsible for account management and recruiting for the Permanent team. He works with companies and job seekers to identify their needs, manage their expectations, and help find them a great fit.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.