Structured Cabling EngineerApply Now
Location: Marlboro, Massachusetts 01752
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year with strong likelihood of becoming a permanent, full-time employee
Job Summary: We are looking for a Structured Cabling Engineer to design structured cabling systems. Using knowledge of industry best practices and standards, project management skills and hands-on cabling experience will ensure the installation of a Structured Cabling System that will support the network requirements of our facilities.
- Experience designing structured cabling systems for office space and distribution centers from small sites to sites as large as 1.7M square feet.
- Knowledge of UPS and PDU power systems for small and large communications rooms.
- Experience working with Tele/Data, Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical drawings.
- Experience developing RFPs which includes working with internal and external partners documenting requirements, work with consultants to create drawings and select contractors to bid on projects.
- Strong attention to detail to evaluate bids and analyze costs. Work with Global Sourcing and Procurement to negotiate and finalize Statement of Work (SoW).
- Project Management experience to implement the cabling installation with the trades; the internal team & 3rd party contractors. This includes creating timelines, tracking milestones and costs. Must provide accurate documentation including minutes, issue logs and other reporting documents.
- Knowledge of industry standards (BICSI, TIA).
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.