Sr. Telecom TechnicianApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451-1457
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 1 year
Job Summary: The Sr. Telecom Technician provides voice communications technical support and modifies repairs and conducts preventive maintenance on internal/in-house telecommunications equipment and related systems. Assist in the development of new internal programs or modifications of current systems.
- Provides technical support with respect to telecommunications for all locations, including ordering, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Designs and configures voice communication systems, programs Avaya PBX systems and administers voice mail to support user requirements.
- Consults with and advises other department managers and/or directors throughout the country in the use and utilization of all voice systems, services and technologies.
- Performs and coordinates moves, adds and changes as required.
- Executes system upgrades, maintain appropriate inventory to support the user base, performs system backups on a regular schedule and performs preventative maintenance.
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s Degree desirable
- 2 – 4 years’ related experience.
- Experience of technical telephony troubleshooting required.
- Telecommunications certificate preferred.
- Working knowledge of Avaya PBX/Key systems required.
- Personnel management/development courses or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong PC skills, experience in Microsoft office.
- Project management experience.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.