Sr. RA, Cell Based Assay DevelopmentApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months
Job Summary: The individual will an in vitro cell-based assay analyst and will participate in the development and performance of cellular and biochemical assays.
- Standard mammalian cell culture support including maintaining and plating of cell lines
- Development of in vitro assays (e.g. immunoassay, ELISA, PCR, Western blot, luminescence, bDNA, functional activity) using cultured mammalian cells to support product development
- Optimize assay performance (precision, accuracy, robustness) and implement high throughput sample testing to support product development
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance, preparation of reagents, and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Accountable for experiment design, success and results delivery
- BS with 2-5 years of industry experience, or MS with 0-2 years of industry experience (Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related science), developing and performing cellular and biochemical assays
- Hands on experience with mammalian cell culture and the utilization of cell-based assays to examine antigen binding and/or activity of a variety of protein targets
- Experience with ligand binding (e.g. ELISA, MSD) and/or molecular detection (e.g. PCR, bDNA) assay formats
- Experience with bioassay analysis instrumentation (e.g. multimode plate readers, MSD, ELLA, Li-Cor, other) and analytical software tools (e.g. SoftMax Pro, Prism, other)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and collaborative skills, attentive to detail, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
As a Senior Recruiter, Michael Liuzza brings almost a decade of sourcing and hiring experience to the JVT team. In his current role, Michael is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting, partnering with JVT's Contract Recruiting Team to match superior available talent with career building opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.