Title: Sr. Director of Insights and Analytics
Reports to: VP of Commercial Insights and Operations
Company: This position is with a high-growth Pharmaceutical company breaching into the commercial phase. The company grew from50 to 200 employees over the 1.5 years.
Overview: Looking to hire a Sr. Director of Commercial Insights & Analytics to build-out the business side insights and analytics initiative (and team) as they breach into the commercial phase. This individual will play a key role on the Global Commercial Team.
- Lead the Insights and Analytics team as a core partner with the organization’s brand team(s) accountable for insight generation and analytics to support the drug portfolio breaching into the commercial phase.
- Head-up several business-critical capabilities, including: Advanced Analytics, Demand Forecasting, Market and Brand Analytics, Market Research, Competitive Intelligence and Sales Force Targeting.
- Build and lead a team while functioning as a player coach at the same time
- Develop the commercial insights and analytics initiative including team, infrastructure, and processes to support the product launch
- Define critical business strategies using insights and analytics approach
- Provide answers/guidance to high-level decision-making process
- Oversee forecasting methodologies
- Acts as a strategic advisor to the commercial and product development teams
- Work cross functionally with the IT team to create the data infrastructure necessary to implement the commercial data strategy
- Work cross functionally to generate actionable insights and build data models supporting commercial activities.
- Make critical decisions for data purchases to maximize insight inflow.
- Defines how the business can create additional value through the algorithms and utilization of data assets and analytics.
- Collaborates across Commercial functions to develop high quality effective analytic and market research support.
- Manages multiple third parties to produce deliverables on strategy within timelines and budget
- Oversees budget for department
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative field. Advanced degree in relevant field preferred (MBA, MD, MHA, or Data Science a plus)
- 7+ years of relevant experience in data analytics and business intelligence
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology experience
- Quantitative skills with extensive experience using data to support business decisions
- Ability to manage, prioritize and lead numerous projects simultaneously
- Possess a biopharma commercial acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills