Sr. Desktop Support EngineerApply Now
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Direct Hire
- Identify, diagnose and resolve equipment problems for end-users (including executive staff) with; network, personal computer software and hardware, internet, new computer technology
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone or via desktop sharing software for remote personnel.
- Delivers, sets up and assists in the configuration of end-user Windows and Apple desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, Window and Apple hardware problems, e-mail, internet, local-area network access problems and wireless network issues.
- Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for Windows and Apple equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Assists in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- Four-year degree or equivalent technical work experience
- 3+ years of hands on job related experience
- Advanced technical knowledge of Microsoft desktop OS and Office applications
- Experience supporting a Microsoft environment utilizing the Windows, Office, and Windows Server technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, group policies, user profiles within Windows, imaging software, and file/security permissions.
- Experience with desktop firewall and Anti-Virus/Malware technologies
- Understanding of LAN, WAN & voice network environments, routing protocols, various technology architectures including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN, Wireless, VPN.
Compensation and Benefits:
- A highly competitive package that includes a base salary plus annual performance bonus.
- Company currently pays 100% of medical, dental, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Company currently contributes 15% of compensation to employee-directed retirement account.
Blain is a full-desk recruiter on the Direct-Hire team, responsible for recruiting for a wide variety of IT jobs. He is focused on professional services, network/systems, and cyber security, with a special interest in DevOps.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.