Sr Automation Engineer, GMP AutomationApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months to start with possible extension
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Manager, GMP Automation, the Sr. Systems Engineer, GMP Automation will serve a key role supporting project delivery and administration on the site’s Process Control System (PCS) and Building Management System (BMS).
- Work with Manufacturing and Facilities to plan, design, and implement automation projects and change requests on the PCS and BMS platforms to include integrations with and other manufacturing systems and equipment.
- Work with Process Development and MS&T to define, implement, test, and maintain automated methods for shop floor equipment.
- Participate in validation activities in conjunction with IT, Validation and QA related to implementation and on-going support.
- Assist in evaluation of product enhancements and capabilities, managing upgrades as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in science, technology or another relevant academic discipline.
- A minimum 5-8 years of experience implementing and maintaining cGMP automation systems.
- A working understanding of cGMP and manufacturing operations and practices.
- An understanding of computer systems validation practices (GAMP)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of the DeltaV DCS is required. Knowledge of Siemens Desigo BMS is a plus.
- Experience developing methods for AKTA, Millipore, and Pall process skids is a plus.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.