SQL Server DBAApply Now
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts 01701
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months with possible extension
Job Summary: The Sr. SQL & Database Engineer will partner with internal stakeholders to understand and prioritize information needs, and translate business requirements into systems solutions. Additionally, this person will advise business and team members to strategize, plan and implement needed BI projects within designated time and budget constraints.
- Provide technical design and architecture guidance for complex enterprise data sources integration.
- Recommended best technical solution options to meet current and future data growth.
- Develop domain expertise to deliver high quality reports and dashboards.
- Provide resource estimates, budgets, timelines and scope of work for different projects..
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Design and document data flow and schema diagrams.
- Design and develop BI solutions using SQL Server technology stack.
- 8+ Years of Database/Reporting/Business Intelligence Solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s in Computer Science is a plus, any database certificate course/certifications is an added advantage.
- Advanced level of Database Design and Business Intelligence Systems architecture
- Designing large-scale high-performance systems
- Being able to interpret business requirements into functional and then technical requirementsUnderstanding of designing workflow/process-based systems
- Ability to write SQL code & stored procedures, performance tuning and optimization.
- Microsoft SQL Server technologies SQL Server database engine, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Data Modeling principles for relational and Data warehouse design principles (Kimball)
- Data integration from multiple sources such as Oracle, MS-Access and NetSuite.
- SharePoint Foundation Services/SharePoint Performance Point Services
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPivot for Excel
- Experience with Dashboarding and Data visualization tools & technologies (ex: Cognos, Tableau)
As the vendor manager for the Contract Recruiting team, Chintan is responsible for contract negotiation, continuing to expand relationships with IT service providers, and functional reporting including metrics for billability, operational issues, and investigated root causes.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.