SQL Data AnalystApply Now
Location: Bristol, Connecticut 06010
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months with probable extension
- The data analyst position requires expert knowledge of the SQL language with ability to design and understand complex queries.
- Must understand relational database design, star schemas, cursors and data pipelines (ETL).
- Understanding of data lakes, DataBricks, Python and other cloud data analysis tool sets is a plus.
- The position requires at least 7 years of experience in a related position/field.
- Agile methodology and iterative delivery of requirements is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft and data analysis tools will be needed; Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Integration Services, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Tableau, Excel, Power BI, Azure Data Factory, etc.
- Work with stakeholders - collect requirements for business improvement opportunities.
- Data preparation – Identify business rules and cleansing techniques to extract quality data for defined objectives.
- Data mining – Extract data from multiple sources and organize in a format that can be easily understood.
- Quality assurance – make sure data reported is relevant and accurate.
- Collaborating with other teams – Work with ERP, BI and business operations teams to understand data sources, requirements and qualify results.
- Prepare reports and dashboards – Development of dashboards used for shop floor visibility into processes. Development of reports/dashboards to help operations managers understand scheduling, waste and improvement opportunities.
- Maintain confidentiality of data - Follow change management processes and ensure security of reported data.
- Degree in computer science or related field.
- Expert level development of complex SQL queries.
- Design abstract structures to handle a wide variety of data structures in order to simplify and standardize reporting.
- Create complex reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Strong project management skills with effective results leveraging Agile methodologies.
Focusing in the technology practice area at JVT Advisors, Brian enjoys partnering with candidates to help land them their dream job.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.