SQL 2016/2019 MASTER (DB DEV)Apply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months
Job Summary: The Database Developer serves as a lead technical resource in the planning, design, development and evaluation of new and existing databases including database models and structural elements.
- Analyzes and translates business and end-user requirements into systems specifications e.g. adaptability, scalability, availability, non-repudiation, reusability, etc.
- Researches and designs architectural models of current and proposed database systems for internal use and/or in conjunction with Technology Partners. Defines opportunities for integration, researches and recommends tools, specifies shared data & code resources, defines interfaces and data-flows, and oversees integration efforts.
- Designs, develops, and implements web-based solutions using available technology including; ERWin, Microsoft .NET, SQL Server 2005-8, Microsoft IIS, and other development toolsets.
- Establishes and oversees design and metadata repositories.
- Participates in defining IT design methodology, process and best practices, performs design reviews, and evaluates vendor software.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five or more years of related database development experience utilizing SQL and SQL reporting tools are required.
- A solid understanding of Microsoft SQL Server architecture, operations, and components such as SSIS, BIDS, Analysis Services, are necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Servers, SQL relational databases, SQL and Shell Scripting, and reporting tools including Crystal Enterprise and MS Reporting is essential.
- Familiarity with database normalization rules, SQL Server installation and configuration, and integration with Windows 2003/2008 servers are necessary.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing complex database structures is also necessary.
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.