Splunk Security EngineerApply Now
Location: New York, New York 10003
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months
Job Summary: This position supports the Information Security Group in assuring that the corporate network, as well as (external) services are secure from external (cyber) attacks and leakage of information to the outside world. This is a highly specialized technical role requiring hands on support of the security operations function of the network and system infrastructure. This position will carry out technical operational processes surrounding vulnerability assessment/management, event monitoring/correlation, intrusion detection and prevention, investigations, security awareness, incident response, and cyber security.
- Design, implement and maintain technical security programs including but not limited to Vulnerability and Threat Management, Data Loss Prevention, Security Event Monitoring and Response.
- Ensure security of the IT infrastructure, conduct periodic reviews of user IDs, protect the confidentiality and integrity of information, maintain the technical mechanisms and corresponding legitimate access, and comply with all relevant internal control processes as well as IT Security and Privacy Laws and Regulations.
- Utilize third party tools to participate in the performance of internal and external penetration testing to identify and address information system security vulnerability.
- Serve as a cyber-security subject matter expert to support cyber-risk analysis programs through the execution, analysis, and documentation of cyber-security surveys and risk-assessments.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field coupled with a minimum of five (5) years’ global network security management experience and Network protocols and topologies; network security and overall system integration. Cross-platform technology experience is a plus.
- CISSP or CISA certification is a plus.
- Network certification is desirable.
- Working knowledge of SIEM, IDS/IPS, Active Directory security, Database security, MS Windows and Unix/Linux Operating System security are required.
- Knowledge, understanding and demonstrated expertise of Network Security Architecture, Firewalls, Routers and design techniques.
- Knowledge, understanding and demonstrated expertise of Functional security analysis at the enterprise level.
- Develop, compile and present technical network and infrastructure security documents.
Rob works on the Contract team. His goal as a recruiter is to continue to establish long-term professional and personal relationships with top-performing HR professionals throughout the Greater Boston area.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.