Specimen ProcessorApply Now
Location: Pittsburgh, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 3 months with possible extension
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing
- Conducts analysis of dried blood spots.
- Reviews test results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance [performed on laboratory instruments.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a physical science such as chemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
- 0-1-year clinical laboratory experience.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
He's a natural people person
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.