Software Engineer (JAVA)Apply Now
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Contract
Contract to Permanent! (6 month contract - Perm)
Working with a top healthcare company, you'll be part of the Software Engineering team updating and maintaining existing applications while creating new solutions utilizing Java and J2EE/JEE technologies primarily.
- Research, construct, develop, and test complex computer application software or systems
- Maintain complex computer applications software and systems
- Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance; identify candidate hardware systems and components.
- Perform Technical Review of requirements, Analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
- Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues
- Provide technical leadership to the team and act as mentor to junior team members.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- 5+ years' progressive software systems programming experience, including 3+ involving java server programming utilizing J2EE/JEE technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Java and a wide range of Java/J2EE/JEE technologies (JDBC, JNI, JSP/Servlets, JTA, JMS, JNDI, JMX, JAAS, as examples).
- Detailed knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with advanced XML technologies and API's, such as: XSD, XSLT, (XQuery, and XPath desired).
- Experience with Web Services and SOA and related standards, such as: SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, and BPEL.
- Experience in large enterprise with a significantly distributed infrastructure
- Knowledge of process stabilization, performance analysis, code optimization and testing of web application and data-engineering products.
- Experience within health care claims / insurance industry is a PLUS
Zack uses traditional and digital resources to keep our talent pool brimming with highly skilled and qualified technology innovators searching for opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.