Site Reliability EngineerApply Now
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts 01701
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months
Job Summary: The Site Reliability Engineer will participate on one or multiple projects to ensure the new features are operationally ready for implementation. In this role the Site Reliability Engineer represents the IT Operations Team on projects identifying the operational risk the new feature presents and the appropriate non-functional requirements (NFR) to implement reducing that risk. The goal is a minimum viable product (MVP) that meets both the functional and operational requirements to implement the feature.
- Individuals in this role must be able to work with project managers and stakeholders, including business partners, to put together task plans to perform project activities.
- Responsible for the Service Transition Checklist, non-functional requirements and technical debt of each project.
- Work with key operations and project stakeholders to negotiate the target operational risk score the project must meet.
- Work with IT Operations and project stakeholders to define specific requirements, owners, validators and approvers.
- Take on a technical lead role for some non-functional requirements driving the activities and/or consulting and providing feedback on the design and implementation of them.
Experience in many tools supporting these capabilities:
- Systems design and integration management
- Technical exposure to HTTP/DNS as well as other protocols along with Linux operating systems.
- Basic understanding of Network Protocols: DNS,HTTP,TCP/IP,POP3,SMTP,SSL/TLS,SSH,TCP/UDP,FTP/SFTP/FTP-SSL
- Experience with web services and SOAP protocol.
- Exposure to Content Delivery Networks like Akamai and related suite of products/platforms
- Agile – Confluence, Jira, etc.
- DevOps – Bitbucket, SVN, Jenkins, SonarCube
- Monitoring Tools – AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Gomez, Keynote, Splunk, AlertSite, New Relic
- Performance Testing – HP LoadRunner, Soasta Cloud Test etc., JMeter, etc.
- Security - Experience with SIEM platforms like Splunk as well as manual log analysis techniques
- IT Service Management Tools - ServiceNow
As the vendor manager for the Contract Recruiting team, Chintan is responsible for contract negotiation, continuing to expand relationships with IT service providers, and functional reporting including metrics for billability, operational issues, and investigated root causes.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.