Senior Systems AdminApply Now
Location: Providence, Rhode Island 02905
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 12 months with possibility to go perm
Job Summary: The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the company’s infrastructure, including the participation in and oversight of the daily administration of the storage and virtual infrastructures for the organization.
- Design, install, configure, maintain/patch, and perform system integration testing of Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Troubleshooting escalated server, software, and hardware issues within both on premise and hosted environments.
- Recommend, schedule, and implement system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Determine solutions to remediate recurring problems or automate recurring tasks.
- Analyze and understand business requirements to insure optimal server architecture and infrastructure are put in place to assure high availability and recoverability.
- Monitor server environment for proactive assessment of performance and identification of potential resource bottlenecks using various monitoring tools.
- Perform capacity planning, performance optimization, and preventative maintenance duties such as backup/recovery and tuning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
- Formal training in fundamental MIS concepts required.
- 10 plus years’ experience with Microsoft Server technology required.
- Experience with Microsoft O365 and Azure cloud architecture required.
- Experience with Microsoft Skype for Business platform preferred.
- Excellent Customer service skills required.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.