Senior Business AnalystApply Now
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 + Months
Job summary: As a Business Analyst, you will work with members of the business units to elicit, organize and document business requirements to ensure that the project team can develop solutions that meet the customer’s real needs; minimize requirement defects up front, establish and maintain agreement between the customer and project team on requirements for the project deliverables.
- Conduct meetings with business stakeholders to actively solicit, analyze and negotiate customer requirements to ensure the project team can develop solutions that meet the customer’s real needs; minimize requirement defects up front, establish and maintain agreement between the customer and project team on requirements for the project deliverables.
- Manage multiple priorities, customer expectations and relationships with all stakeholders including IST staff and business staff. Manage relationships with customers, project managers, and any/all levels of management.
- Solicit input from developers and other IST technical staff to determine project scope and provide estimate of level of effort (person days required to complete project).
- Work with project team to develop cost effective, customer focused solutions.
- Conduct walkthroughs with applications development staff as handoff from analysis to development in life cycle.
- Work with applications development staff during the technical design, programming and unit-testing and implementation stages.
- Coordinate changes to functional specifications that occur during development and updates functional specifications as required.
- Work independently on small, medium, and large-sized projects with low to medium complexity.
- Support customer in training efforts for end users and staff members.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
- Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High-Risk Role.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, or 4 equivalent years of related experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in analysis and design on software development projects in analyst role.
- Experience in a Project Management Organization preferred
- Experience designing and implementing project management methodologies and requirements definition and management practices
- Knowledge of project methodologies and best practices for requirements definition and management, Waterfall and Agile
- Knowledge of Healthcare industry and understanding all major workflows associated with healthcare claim processing preferred
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)/Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred
- Expert-level business analysis, system analysis and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytic, organization, interpersonal, prioritization, multi-tasking, initiating, communication, planning and technical skills
- Ability to use software and peripherals related to performance of job responsibilities
- Ability to facilitate teams and client relationships to satisfy needs and identify improvements
- Ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of management
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and follow through
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects including continuous evaluation and re-ordering of priorities for self and staff as business needs dictate
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers
- Ability to be flexible and creative in problem solving and identifying process improvements
- Ability to anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mind-set
- Ability to recognize and apply project management, business analysis and system analysis best practices to fit a variety of situations
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.