Security Operations AnalystApply Now
Location: Weston, Massachusetts 02142
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 3 months
Job Summary: The IR Ops Incident Response Analyst plays an important role in supporting day-to-day security operations and conducting information security investigations through forensic analysis of data and indicators of compromise (IOCs) using a Splunk based SIEM and execution of appropriate response procedures. Implements and manages security incident response procedures using a variety of tools and technologies in order to rapidly identify and respond to threats.
- Proactively analyze alerts and data from systems and responds accordingly, including documentation and escalation.
- Participates as part of response teams during security incidents (phishing, ATP, DDOS, malware, etc) through resolution and to lessons learned stage.
- Assists in developing tactical response procedures for security incidents
- Solid understanding of core security technologies – Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, APT monitoring and prevention, endpoint protection
- Participates in product selection, vendor evaluations, and implementations of security technologies
- Recommends security and process enhancements to management
- Participate in red team activities to identify risks not found by existing security tools
- Provide recommendations in tuning and optimization of security systems, SOC security process, procedures and policies.
- 2-4 Years of experience in Information Security
- SANS GSEC
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience acting in a security incident response role with responsibility of analyzing and investigating alerts/threats, and execution of remediation
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite, security architecture, and endpoint security
- Understanding of core security concepts and technologies related to incident investigation
- Previous experience using Splunk and Splunk ES to analyze and correlate activity
- Experience with various Operating Systems such as Windows, Mac, UNIX, Linux
John Wooldridge has sent you Job # 17207, "Security Operations Analyst":
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.