Security AnalystApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months
Job Summary: The security analyst is responsible for analyzing an enterprise's information security environment and proposed technologies and recommending security measures to safeguard its valuable information assets.
- Work with the business units and with other risk functions to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments.
- Plays an advisory role in application development or acquisition projects to assess security requirements and controls and ensure that security controls are implemented as planned.
- Collaborates on critical IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle; evaluates vendors on their security controls and security technology choices.
- Works with IT department and members of the information security team to identify, select and implement technical controls.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs to security controls.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, including National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) framework.
- Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments.
- Excellent technical knowledge of a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance and desktop security tools, as well as mainstream operating systems (for example, Microsoft Windows and Sun.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.