Research Specialist GenomicsApply Now
Location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426
Employment Type: Contract
Job Summary: This person will be responsible for assay development and optimization of high throughput gene-editing workflows.
- Develop target relevant cell-based assays; optimize, validate, and troubleshoot screening assay robustness, sensitivity, reproducibility; convert assays into HT screening format
- Maintain mammalian cell cultures, optimize and utilize gene editing technologies (CRISPR, RNAi) to develop in vitro functional models and perform high-throughput screen
- Ensure all tasks and responsibilities are performed according to industry-leading scientific and ethical standards and accurately documented in lab electronic notebook system
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate data to both technical and non-technical colleagues and collaborators
- Generate and analyze data with the highest Data Integrity standards
- The leader will also interface with key customer contacts to ensure KPIs are being hit and customer satisfaction is at a high level
- B.S. or M.S with 2 years of research experience or PhD in cell biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or related field with the ability to succeed in a collaborative, matrix environment
- Experience in RNAi/CRISPR gene editing using various methods such as electroporation, lipid transfection, lentivirus infections
- Experience with standard in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays (e.g. reporter gene, protein translocation, HTRF, ELISA etc.), including assay transfer, execution and troubleshooting
As a Senior Recruiter, Michael Liuzza brings almost a decade of sourcing and hiring experience to the JVT team. In his current role, Michael is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting, partnering with JVT's Contract Recruiting Team to match superior available talent with career building opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.