Research Associate/EngineerApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months
Job Summary: The individual in this role will be part of a cohesive team responsible for producing Drug Substance, Drug Product and Sterile Fill production for development and toxicology.
- Practices and promotes safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines
- Adheres to documented waste handling procedures to respect environmental regulations
- Utilizes process knowledge and investigational skills to identify and resolve production issues
- Participates in cross functional teams to drive production, technical transfer and troubleshooting in drug substance, drug product and filling operations.
- Proven ability in bulk-freezing, filtration, mixing, lyophilization.
- Demonstrates process suitability and manufacturability through scale-up chromatography, T-mix, and TFF operations. As well as, aseptic and sterile filling techniques for final drug product.
- Ensures equipment operational readiness, maintains and troubleshoots equipment such as: TFF and chromatography skids (AKTA and Axichrom)
- Updates and write standard operating procedure (SOPs) associated with production as needed
- Bachelor's Degree with 1-3 years of experience in Life Sciences or Engineering with background in lean methodologies and/or operational excellence
- Understanding of molecular biology with experience in, biologics drug substance purification operations (liquid chromatography, TFF, aseptic technique) or a similar complex specialized environment
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Drug product fill finish knowledge
As a Senior Recruiter, Michael Liuzza brings almost a decade of sourcing and hiring experience to the JVT team. In his current role, Michael is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting, partnering with JVT's Contract Recruiting Team to match superior available talent with career building opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.