Research Associate, Process DevelopmentApply Now
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months
Job Summary: This role will support process development of Lipid Nanoparticles (LNPs) to enable our clinical and commercial supply for mRNA-1273 and other mRNA candidates. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with multiple examples of a strong technical background.
- Optimize current LNP processes for ease of manufacturing, cost, and to facilitate improved characteristics to aid in the production of mRNA therapeutics.
- Develop new innovative processes to fit manufacturing needs
- Maintain good documentation practice thorough electronic lab notebooks
- Present results in cross-functional meetings
- Collect, archive, process, and organize samples for downstream analyses
- Deliver reproducible and impactful results under ambitious timelines
- Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, develop and adapt new protocols into practice, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
- Independently plan and execute experiments
- Document research and work product, analyze and interpret findings for reports, regulatory submissions and presentations.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or closely related field, and 0-2 years relevant industry experience.
- Ability to plan and execute experiments independently
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Creative/innovative/problem solver
- Preferred: Experience with nanoparticle formulations
- Preferred: Familiarity with nucleic acid and protein chemistry, enzyme kinetics, and analytical characterization of biomolecules
- Preferred: Experience/education in pharmaceutical sciences and/or biotechnology process/product development.
- Preferred: Hands on experience with AKTA FPLC, Tangential flow filtration (TFF), and HPLC/UPLC instrumentation.
As a Senior Recruiter, Michael Liuzza brings almost a decade of sourcing and hiring experience to the JVT team. In his current role, Michael is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting, partnering with JVT's Contract Recruiting Team to match superior available talent with career building opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.