Release "Train" ManagerApply Now
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts 01801
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Overall Purpose of Role:
- Responsible for owning the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, communicating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios.
- The releases can be inclusive of new features, enhancements, application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
- Work collaboratively with all participants in software development projects, customers and be supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build development / test environments.
- This position works closely with IT management and Executive Leadership to improve the delivery processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- Building the Release Calendar in working closely with the leaders from different teams across IT and centralizing view of all releases.
- Leading the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools to ensure the process requirements of release management are established and followed.
- Forward plan the release calendar windows and cycles across a portfolio including blackout periods.
- Develop and publish product roadmaps, release manifests and release notes.
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Establish and manage release management processes to support a Lean Agile software delivery methodology.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, with complete and quality features and improving release customer value over time.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on product backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or other periphery system updates.
- Communicate all key project milestones, commitments, and changes including requirements, acceptance tests, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, System Demos, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Works with software team to support Dev Ops activities focused on updating and maintaining continuous integration and test automation tools.
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans.
- Produce Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the organization and clients as required.
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Work with DevOps to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services to ensure alignment across all partners & vendors.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required
- 2-6 years of Release and/or project management experience at a Software as a Service (SaaS) product organization, (Solid understanding of release management principles preferred)
- Demonstrated practical application of agile coaching and methodologies.
- Experience with Atlassian tools - Jira, Confluence
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Excellent data analysis and process/performance measurement skill
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Knowledge of healthcare technologies and health plan customer segment a plus.
Blain is a full-desk recruiter on the Direct-Hire team, responsible for recruiting for a wide variety of IT jobs. He is focused on professional services, network/systems, and cyber security, with a special interest in DevOps.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.