R&D Project ManagerApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6- 12+ Months
Job Summary: The R&D IT Project Manager will oversee Research projects supporting data integrity program (asset and assay registration solution). The Project Manager has responsibility for the health and success of projects within a matrixed organization with direct relationships with various groups in the business as well as IT.
This role requires the ability to:
- Monitor, manage, and ensure predictable delivery of the project in a deadline-driven environment.
- Drive delivery and accountability of internal staff as well as vendors and third-party project managers. Own the quality of the project delivered.
- Enable early identification and appropriate escalation of risks and issues that require assistance, attention, or executive resolution.
- Effectively communicate project status to leadership, verbally or in written form.
- 5+ years’ project management experience, ideally including budget accountability
- 8+ years’ experience as an IT professional
- Comfortable with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, and familiarity with tools such as MS Project and JIRA.
- Experience with research systems projects, including requirements gathering, planning, and execution within a highly structured SDLC framework
- Experience with GxP-validated systems
- Experience in leading daily stand-ups and cross-functional meetings for nimble, fast-moving teams
- Proven ability to motivate colleagues and manage stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – particularly organizing and presenting project information to management
- Capable of working well under pressure; highly organized
- Capable of multi-tasking across projects
- Capable of working independently
- Experience working with third party vendor management (SaaS, cloud vendors)
- A background in Life Sciences projects, with research projects involving LIMS implementation
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Business, or Life Sciences-related field required
- Graduate degree in a relevant field preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.