R4237 Senior AWS Desktop Virtualization EngineerApply Now
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months
Job Summary: The Senior AWS Desktop Virtualization Engineer will be responsible for implementing and managing the company’s AWS desktop virtualization services. As a member of a small team in a fast-paced environment, this role will require both strong intellectual agility and hands-on technical skill.
- Drive the implementation and ongoing support for our AWS application and desktop virtualization environments
- Ensure operational excellence in VDI operations through automation, orchestration and process development
- Continually evaluate service and infrastructure usage to effectively manage performance, reliability, security, capacity and cost
- Interface with application teams on the deployment of new VDI capabilities
- Develop internal documentation and create standardized runbooks for all VDI operations
- Understand and adhere to Moderna’s operational processes following an ITIL framework to ensure auditability and compliance with industry standards (SOX, GMP, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.)
- Participate in disaster recovery exercise planning and execution
- Communicate regularly with technical and non-technical staff
- Provide 24x7 support as needed for emergency situations and planned maintenance activities
- 10+ years of experience as an IT Systems Engineer
- Practical hands-on experience deploying and managing AWS Workspaces and Appstream
- Extensive experience designing and deploying virtualization solutions such as AWS Workspaces/Appstream VMware Horizon, Citrix Workspace, or Azure WVD
- Working knowledge of VDI integrations with packaging and software deployment tools
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell
- General networking knowledge
- Experience working in GxP environment.
- Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / IT or related fields.
As the vendor manager for the Contract Recruiting team, Chintan is responsible for contract negotiation, continuing to expand relationships with IT service providers, and functional reporting including metrics for billability, operational issues, and investigated root causes.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.