Quality Engineer - CAPAApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451-1457
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months
Job Summary: Provide assistance in performing disciplined problem solving for supplier, customer, and internal quality defect. Maintains knowledge of all products, processes, and basic quality principles required to assist with daily operations and continual improvement activities. Understands the technical aspects of the company including supplier products and processes in order to drive quality improvements and communicate them clearly to the customer.
- Investigates root cause solutions for product release through nonconformance reports (NCR), corrective and preventative actions (CAPA), material containment and hold forms (MCH) and affected lot hold forms (ALH).
• Familiar with quality improvement tools and other various quality techniques.
- Provides support to all departments regarding product quality, inspections, deviations and disposition of non-conforming product.
- Recommends measures necessary to prevent a recurrence of defects to manufacturing, engineering, supply chain and other departments as needed.
- Analyzes reports and data in support of in-house process improvements, corrections, and corrective actions as a means of continual improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Six Sigma Green Belt/CQE certification
- 5 years’ related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Must have lead investigations for NC/CAPAs
- Ability to understand and employ mathematics at an engineering or scientific level.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Familiarity with Correlation and regression Analysis, Experimental Design (DOE), and acceptance sampling; as well as conducting and interpreting gage R&R studies.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office.
Trevor recruits for JVT's Life Sciences and Technology Practices where he specializes in finding, screening, and placing top-tier industry innovators at companies across multiple markets and verticals.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.