Project Manager (Talwar)Apply Now
Location: New York, New York 10003
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: Contract-to-Hire
Job Summary: As a Project Manager, you will apply principles, techniques and best practices in the planning, organizing and implementation of projects by preparing and managing project documentation, deliverables, milestones, resource management and schedules.
- Serve as Project Manager for the implementation of system projects due to new, enhanced or integrated functionality as well as the introduction of new product offerings.
- Initiate, plan, execute, control and close project activities.
- Define and verify scope, develop project plans and timetables, and create roles and responsibilities matrix
- Develop work plans for each subproject/department and prepare summary for management review.
- Execute and maintain project plans; review, track, monitor and report on project status; identify, track and resolve issues by proposing viable solutions.
- Calculate, mitigate and monitor risk, creating contingency plans and advising management, as appropriate.
- Perform defect management
- Establish and maintain working relationship with all departments, stakeholders and external customers involved with project.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science, or 4 years of related experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management capacity preferably in a fast paced, rapidly changing business and technology environment.
- Experience in managing IT and corporate projects
- Experience in a Project Management Organization preferred
- Experience on a project team that successfully implemented new technologies, work processes or process improvements preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (or working towards it) preferred
- Knowledge of Healthcare industry and understanding all major workflows associated with the healthcare claim processing preferred
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile project methodologies and best practices for requirements definition and management
- Communication (oral, written and listening), project management, analytic, organization, interpersonal, prioritization, multi-tasking, initiating, communication, planning and technical skills
- Ability to use software and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Project and Project Server
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.