Project EngineerApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months with possible extension or conversion to full-time, permanent position
Job Summary: This individual will be responsible for the full implementation of supplier transfers across multiple commodities designed to consolidate the company’s supply base and reduce overall cost.
- Define roles and responsibilities and recruit staff for development teams.
- Define work breakdown and resource requirements in appropriate detail to communicate expectations and measure progress of team and members.
- Lead the project team to develop a plan and schedule that integrates interdependent activities across functions, global sites and external partners.
- Conduct risk analysis and test assumptions so that team members own and fully support realistic commitments for schedule, scope and budget.
- Communicate the project assumptions, requirements and priorities to ensure that the team adheres to expectations of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- 5+ years’ experience in analytical, diagnostic or science related industry
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with dynamic priorities and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required, advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years recent program or project management experience including both
- Experience guiding and working with highly technical staff such as engineers (hardware, software, mechanical, optical), chemists, biologists, clinicians.
- Ability to travel (domestic or international) several times per year
- Excellent communication - written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Advanced knowledge in the MS Office suite of applications and other SW tools for collaboration and project management
Rob works on the Contract team. His goal as a recruiter is to continue to establish long-term professional and personal relationships with top-performing HR professionals throughout the Greater Boston area.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.