Production Buyer/PlannerApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451-1457
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months to start with likelihood of becoming permanent full-time employee
Job Summary: This position helps forecast customer demand, plan inventory levels, and ensures product is moved from the plants and suppliers to the customer-facing distribution centers in a timely manner. Works closely with the sales and marketing teams to coordinate all new product launches, ensuring seamless service to customers.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to help forecast customer demand, production, plan inventory levels, and ensure product is moved from the plants to the customers in a timely manner.
- This position has primary ownership for meeting targets by balancing the needs of the distribution, manufacturing, marketing, finance, and customer service departments.
- Works closely with marketing to coordinate all new product launches, demand planning, and market environments
- This role is national in scope and strongly influences both the balance sheet and finished good inventory levels $30M-$40M.
- Recommends and implements strategic initiatives in order to achieve all appropriate supply chain, division, and corporate goals/objectives.
- Effectively plans production, inventories, arranges carriage, and offers continuous operational support.
- Develops and implements production/procurement plans for all FMC-contract manufactured items to meet customer demand while achieving company monthly targets for finished goods inventory dollars, turns, days inventory on hand.
· 2-5 years of operations (distribution, transportation, materials management, manufacturing, or customer service) experience with at least 2 years of direct production planning, inventory management, and re-supply management experience.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
· Knowledge of the relationship between manufacturing, production planning, and other operations support functions such as Quality, Regulatory and FDA.
· Experience with Pharmaceutical products or manufacturing preferred.
· SAP or other ERP systems; MRP/demand planning; Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
· Highly detail-oriented and excellent communication skills
· Project management support
Ian is responsible for full-cycle recruiting in many areas, including HR, IT, finance, and administrative. Prior to joining JVT, Ian worked for 5 years as a senior recruiter at Randstad.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.