Product Development Engineer IApply Now
Location: Ogden, Utah 84404
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 12+ months (likely to convert to permanent!)
Conducts research and development work of innovative products for patients. You will participate in designing, executing, and championing research and development activities for medical device products. As a member of a tech team, your environment is mentored - with oversight from higher level Engineers to complete, pre-defined work. You may be involved in quality planning, internal audits, data collection and analysis, specification development and review and design review and qualification. You will work with cross-functional teams to develop, commercialize, and maintain high quality.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Applies Design Control and/or Pharmaceutical Development procedures to product development.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor or as delegated by a cross-functional team leader.
- Uses professional concepts in developing resolution to work assignments.
- Contributes to the generation of ideas and potential inventions to be used in new products.
- Receives training in methods and procedures during assignments and to prepare for future coordination activities of other personnel (Team Lead in the future).
- Develops and gives presentations dealing with projects, proposals, designs and project status updates.
- Hands-on involvement with fabrication, processing, and develops detailed engineering specifications.
- Develops new techniques, test protocols, writes SOP / TM and perform validations on TMs.
- Under supervision, sets up, adjusts and operates production and lab equipment and analysis instruments when assigned.
- Understand the goals and contents of research projects, executes projects with timely deliverables.
- Maintain general housekeeping of the responsible working area.
- Trained in and maintains good documentation practices for all data forms, protocols, engineering and feasibility reports, and laboratory notebooks.
- Will escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as required.
- Will refer to senior staff, as applicable, for assistance.
- Introduced and encouraged to network with key contacts outside of area of expertise.
- Follow specific, detailed instructions on all work along with priorities from the direct supervisor or cross-functional team leader.
- Participates in cross-functional teams on new product development and manufacturing problem-solving efforts.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Foster on-going learning through available means (e.g. trade publications, literature, papers, courses, etc.)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field and 0-2 years’ experience.
- CAD and/or Solidworks experience (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with PCs and MS Office applications.
Zack uses traditional and digital resources to keep our talent pool brimming with highly skilled and qualified technology innovators searching for opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.