Principal Systems EngineerApply Now
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Principal Systems Engineer
- Upgrade, and manage all aspects of network, server, phone, and cloud-based application systems for Infrastructure systems.
- Configure network switches, next-gen firewalls, and VPN tunnels.
- Lead internal team projects from design, product evaluation, project plan, implementation, and documentation to go-live and training for other team members and other teams supporting the product
- Configure, maintain and provide level 3 support for Office 365 (Exchange Online, Security and Compliance), AzureAD (including SSO, MFA and other features), and automation playbooks (Ansible).
- SME for projects that require Infrastructure support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Apply application, network and OS patches as necessary. Respond to critical vulnerabilities.
- Monitor and respond to incident management system
- Serve as an escalation point to the technology support team
- Collaborate closely with other teams including Enterprise Applications, Production Operations and Security to define architectural and operational aspects of com’s growing infrastructure
- Develop and maintain infrastructure and system configuration on AWS IaaS and AWS PaaS platforms required by internal services
- Write and maintain documentation around operational and architectural aspects of the infrastructure
- Minimum ten to fifteen years’ experience managing networks, servers and applications
- Good understanding of telephony and site to site network implementation
- Strong desktop support background
- Strong Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills, especially with CentOS
- Strong script development and debugging skills in bash and Python
- Strategic and analytical thinker with a problem-solving mindset – excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of the AWS cloud platform
- Familiarity with SaaS monitoring, logging, and metrics platforms (Signalfx, Loggly) a plus
Chris is responsible for account management and recruiting for the Permanent team. He works with companies and job seekers to identify their needs, manage their expectations, and help find them a great fit.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.