Principal Product SpecialistApply Now
Location: , California
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 5 months
Job Summary: This individual will establish the pre-sales support strategy basis for current and prospective clients. Works with vendors, partners, and sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to new and existing customers.
- Prior to project initiation, participate in pre-planning and training.
- Performing assessments of existing lab logistics operations by conducting interviews with key contacts and customer stakeholders. Document current processes, issues, and challenges.
- Review space allocations, advise on equipment, staff, and space needs for establishing dedicated specimen processing areas.
- Develop a roadmap for the development and implementation of a lab logistics department.
- Establish best practice specimen logistic framework to meet the clinical needs of the clinical sites, making sure the plan prioritizes safe and timely pick-up and delivery of specimens, from collection point to specimen processing area(s), to destination laboratory.
- Evaluate and recommend a software solution for tracking specimen locations at all times.
- Ensure the logistics structure meets all laboratory and transportation regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations of courier models and develop cost analyses.
- Evaluate and provide scalable staffing structure for specimen processing areas, local runners, dispatchers, and drivers.
- A bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, biological science, or in medical technology, and a Clinical Laboratory Technologist license or license eligibility
- 8 years of post- bachelor’s, professional-level laboratory experience in a blood bank, tissue bank, or clinical laboratory; OR a master’s degree in chemical, physical, biological science, or in medical technology may be substituted for 5 years of the required experience; OR a master’s or doctoral degree in a chemical, physical, biological science, or a California license to practice medicine (MD or DO) may be substituted for 3 years of the required experience.
- ASCP certification is a plus.
- The project duration is expected to be approximately 20-weeks, and it will be expected the candidate will
- Must be familiar with testing terminology and procedures, as well as CLI regulatory guidelines and COLA, Joint Commission Setup, and CAP standards.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.