PRA/Scientist I, ProteomicsApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6+ months
Job Summary: We’re hiring top talent to build our proteomics team which characterizes and develops novel therapeutics for cancer and other medical needs diseases with unmet.
- Independently design, develop and perform relevant assays and biological experiments to interrogate the function and cellular tracking of our proprietary cell-penetrating mini-proteins
- Accurately record, analyze, and present data to team and company leadership
- Collaborate across functional teams to efficiently drive therapeutics to the clinic
- Enrich and quantify post-translational modifications for quantitative proteomics analysis
- Work with collaborators, both internal and external, to effectively generate data and communicate results to the company’s senior leadership
- Proactively evaluate new technologies, be versed with current literature, and implement new methods into the mass spectrometry assay/analytical pipeline as necessary
- B.S. or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or related field with 8+ years of industry experience or a PhD in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or related field
- Experience in using mass spectrometry to perform biological experiments, e.g., mammalian cell culture, proteomics sample preparation, and gel fractionation for mass spectrometry experiments.
- Pluses: Whole proteome analysis, affinity purification tandem mass spectrometry, immunoprecipitation, and multiplexed sample; automated liquid handlers for high-throughput sample preparation; or biophysical characterization of protein/ligand complexes a plus
As a Senior Recruiter, Michael Liuzza brings almost a decade of sourcing and hiring experience to the JVT team. In his current role, Michael is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting, partnering with JVT's Contract Recruiting Team to match superior available talent with career building opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.