PRA, Chemistry Purification, Natural ProductsApply Now
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months with likely conversion
Job Summary: Seeking a highly motivated Bachelor’s or Master’s-level chemist to join our Natural Products team with a primary focus on analysis, purification, and characterization of target compounds from fungal fermentation cultures.
- Purify crude extracts to enriched fractions and single compounds via multi-step normal/reverse phase chromatographic techniques.
- Design purification strategies customized to components of crude extracts.
- Analyze and characterize purified compounds by LC-MS/MS, NMR, and other analytical techniques.
- Collaborate with other functions to manage pipeline of incoming and processed fermentation experiments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, or closely related field with a minimum of 6 years (for Master’s) or 8 years (for Bachelor’s) of industry experience.
- Experience in isolation and purification of low and medium molecular weight organic molecules (e.g. up to 1 kD), including use of normal-phase (e.g. flash chromatography) and reverse-phase chromatographic separation techniques.
- Hands-on experience with Agilent or Waters analytical and preparative mass-directed LC-MS purification systems.
- Ability to develop and optimize separation conditions for high recovery and purity at microgram to gram-scale for NMR characterization and bioassay screening.
- Experience with modern spectroscopic characterization techniques (e.g. NMR, MS, UV-Vis).
As a Senior Recruiter, Michael Liuzza brings almost a decade of sourcing and hiring experience to the JVT team. In his current role, Michael is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting, partnering with JVT's Contract Recruiting Team to match superior available talent with career building opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.