PCR SupervisorApply Now
Location: Valencia, California 91355
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 20+ months Contract to Start (Strong Likelihood of Extensions and/or Conversion to Permanent Full-Time Status)
Job Summary: Direct and supervise SARS-CoV-2 clinical laboratory operations including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions
- Direct SARS-CoV-2 clinical testing in a high complexity laboratory operation including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions.
- Assures laboratory functions in a manner consistent with laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Demonstrate technical expertise.
- Contribute to good employee relationships and providing for staff development; performing employee performance appraisals.
- Adhere to proper resource allocation and coordination. Ensuring maximum efficiency in the use of personnel; controlling departmental supply expenses.
- Manage and share daily workload; use time wisely and providing a productive atmosphere.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of test methodologies and quality control.
- Develop, write, review and implement procedures and policies.
- Prepare laboratory for inspections and prepare reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical molecular experience
- Licensed in California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) preferred.
- Previous Supervisory experience in a clinical laboratory setting highly desired.
- Certification, as required for CLS licensure, by ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, or AMT
- Hands-on technical expertise in Infectious Disease testing highly desired.
- Experience with high throughput sample testing esp with RNA Extraction highly desired.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired
- Good, accurate computer skills
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.