Packaging EngineerApply Now
Location: Ogden, Utah 84404
Employment Type: Contract
You will participate in designing, executing, and championing research and development activities related to finished product packaging of products. Areas you’ll be involved in include: testing, planning, data collection and analysis, specification development and review and design review and qualification.
- Applies Design Control and Pharmaceutical Change Control procedures to product development.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor, Sr. Packaging Engineer or cross-functional team leader.
- Contributes to the generation of ideas and potential inventions to be used in new products.
- Supports project activities that require focus on packaging and transportation of disposables products.
- Supports new product design transfer into manufacturing, especially activities related to product packaging, including specification development, test method validation and automation for packaging.
- Under supervision, develops and executes product shipping study protocols and final reports, e.g. ASTM D4169, with coordination of internal and external transit test equipment/laboratory.
- Hands-on involvement with fabrication of packaging prototypes for bag, pouch, foil, corrugated box, pallet, corner board, stretch wrap, slip sheet, buckle and other material or medium used for product packaging and transportation.
- Under supervision, uses computerized tools to aid in product packaging integrity analysis, load strength maximization and compression ratio studies, e.g. CAPES, TOPPS and other common industry software for packaging and transportation design/analysis.
- Receive training in methods and procedures during assignments and to prepare for future coordination activities of other personnel (Team Lead in the future).
- Develops and gives presentations dealing with projects, proposals, designs and project status updates.
- Hands-on involvement with fabrication, processing, and develops detailed engineering specifications.
- Develops new techniques, test protocols, writes SOP / TM and perform validations on TMs.
- Under supervision, writes validation protocols and reports for packaging equipment. Sets up, adjusts and operates production equipment and analysis instruments when assigned.
- Trained in and maintains good documentation practices for all data forms, protocols, engineering and feasibility reports, and laboratory notebooks.
- Introduced and encouraged to network with key contacts outside of area of expertise.
- Foster on-going learning through available means (e.g. trade publications, literature, papers, courses, etc.)
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-4 years’ work experience in logistics, supply chain, engineering, or other relevant area
- Interest and willingness to learn and be challenged!
Zack uses traditional and digital resources to keep our talent pool brimming with highly skilled and qualified technology innovators searching for opportunities.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.