Oracle PL/SQL DeveloperApply Now
Location: New York, New York 10003
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: Contract to hire
Job Summary: This individual will be responsible for formulating and defining specifications for complex operating software programming applications, working as part of a team with influence across a larger organization.
- Perform Technical Review of requirements, analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
- Research, construct, develop, and test complex SQL and PL/SQL for new projects.
- Understand the data and perform data analysis to support building new processes and modify existing functionality.
- Analyze users’ needs and design as necessary.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results.
- Perform code promotions and test that builds are operating correctly.
- Communicate with QA, BAT and other stake holders on environment issues or other escalations.
- Provide off-hours and weekend support as needed.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SQL and PL/SQL programming
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in performing data analysis
- Experience in Oracle 10g or higher
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL packages, procedure, design fundamentals, data modeling concepts
- Experience working with business/IT users to understand business requirements, analyze existing code, and write functional and technical specifications
- Experience working with complex SQL queries like Hierarchical, Aggregate Queries
- Experience working with different database objects like tables, views, procedures, packages, views and partitions
- Knowledge of aggregate and analytic functions, using hints, SQL performance tuning
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Experience in Informatica or JAVA is a plus
- Knowledge of health insurance industry is a plus
- Ability to convert business requirements to efficient PL/SQL program.
- Must be local to NYC or Bedford, MA or Irving, TX or Naperville, IL or Rockville, MD
Focusing in the technology practice area at JVT Advisors, Brian enjoys partnering with candidates to help land them their dream job.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.