MES EngineerApply Now
Location: Lexington, Massachusetts 02139
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 months
Job Summary: The Manufacturing Automation (MES) Engineer will be responsible for Manufacturing Execution System (MES) engineering support related to SCADA and associated interfaces. The MES Engineer will be a part of the automation team and will work closely with the operations and supply chain teams to deliver and support MES solutions at our client’s new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing IT.
- Perform MES application administration for Sandbox, Development, Test and Production environments.
- Configure Master Data as directed by Manufacturing and MS&T such as material master, BOM configurations and Electronic Batch Record (eBR)/electronic Logbook (eLog) creation.
- Ability to write and maintain GMP system documents such as Standard Operator Procedures (SOP’s), Installation/Operational Qualification (IOQ’s), Functional Specifications (FS’s), and Configuration Specifications (CS’s).
- Knowledge and application of ANSI/ISA-88 (process control) and ANSI/ISA-95 (automated interfaces) standards.
- Ability to convert business requirements in functional electronic workflows.
- This position interacts with external organizations, consultants and vendors as required in the successful accomplishment of project assignments.
- Participate in validation activities in combination with Validation and Quality departments.
- Support development of new electronic batch records (eBRs) and revising existing eBRs using a library of work instructions and operations.
- Create new electronic workflows as assigned. Participates/lead end-user testing requirements and incorporate identified changes from recipe review processes.
- Bachelor’s in Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or Masters preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in pharmaceuticals manufacturing. Minimum 3 years specialist experience preferred.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and automated systems required.
- Background in implementing or software engineering for MES systems (ex.- weigh and dispense, EBR, integration), preferably in a regulated or pharmaceutical production environment preferred.
- Ability to function in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong planning, organization, and multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal to moderate supervision.
Ovrille is responsible for full lifecycle recruiting for JVT’s clients across several industry verticals. He supports the Contract Recruiting team, and specializes in identifying temp (contractual) and temp-to-perm resources for JVT’s clients.
Can't find your fit?
We get new jobs every day. Send us your resume and we'll let you know when we have the right opportunity for you.